I’m a little late uploading these pictures – I’ve been busy with PhD work, and wanted to wait until I wasn’t buried under a pile of journal articles to properly introduce Lux. Anyway, here she is!
Lux was a Primadolly Aubrey RBL (first version, not Encore). I rerooted her original scalp with a super soft pink Wensleydale fleece using the knot method, then trimmed, washed and styled it. I did some gentle carving on her nose, lips and philtrum – my first real try, if you don’t count the rescue work I did on Deb’s Maisy. I’m not a fan of overly carved Blythe dolls, so I tried to keep it quite subtle. I gave her a full new faceup using chalk pastels and Mister Super Clear, and coloured her eyelids. She’s kept her original eyelashes, but has four sets of custom eyechips (two Brainworm, two Coolcat). I have given her sleep eyes, and a pair of glittery pink Twiggy Twiggy pullrings.
I’m really pleased with how she’s turned out. Next on the list are my two factory Blythes Astrid and Penn, who are both in line for new faceups and Elvie, who is desperate for new lips. Hoping to get at least one of them done before the Leeds Christmas Blythe meet in November. Fingers crossed!